Title of the course
The course of study will be called “Post-Basic B.Sc. Nursing”
Statement of Recognition:
1. The course is permitted by Govt. of Assam
2. Affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Assam
3. Recognised by Indian Nursing Council
The Course duration is of 2 (two) academic years.
Eligibility for Admission:
1. The student must attain the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission
2. The minimum educational requirement:
(a) Intermediate/ 10+2 (Arts/Science/Commerce) or its equivalent
(b) Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)
(c) Must be registered under respective nursing council & Midwifery (GNM)
3. Candidate shall have to be medically fit
4. Admission is open for both the genders
5. Students coming from other nationally shall have to conform all norms of GOI under the Foreign Nationals Act as a student
6. Admission is valid for one year only (i.e. yearly admission is required)
Number of Seats:
Number of seats available for admission is 30.
Post-Basic Course of Study:
Nutrition & Dietetics
Biochemistry & Biophysics
Child Health Nursing
Medical & Surgical Nursing
Community Health Nursing
Mental Health Nursing
Introduction to Nursing Education
Introduction to Nursing Administration
Introduction to Nursing Research & Statistics.
Requirements for Admission:
1) All the columns in Application Form will have to be filled in by the candidate’s own handwriting.
2) The following should be enclosed along with the Application:
a) Pass Certificate of Class XII / HSSLC
b) Mark Sheet of Class XII / HSSLC
c) High School Leaving Certificate
d) Migration Certificate from respective Nursing Council
e) Age proof Certificate/HSLC Admit Card
f) In case of SC/ST/OBC supporting documents must be produced
g) Character Certificate from Head of Institution last attended
h) Transfer Certificate from Institute last attended.
i) Certificate of registered Nurse and midwife.
Note: Xerox copy of Application form will not be entertained.
The information given in the application form should be correct. Incomplete or late application will be rejected. Suppression or mis-representation of any information may lead the applicant for termination of admission, forfeiture of all fees, securities and dues and will be cognizable for legal offence.