Title of the course
The course of study will be called “B.Sc Nursing”
Statement of Recognition:
1. The course is permitted by Govt. of Assam
2. Affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences
3. Recognised by Indian Nursing Council and State Nursing Council
The college is 100% residential to facilitate the students for easy movement to theory classes and practical classes in different institutions as required. The library will facilitate all course materials and books to the students.
Coaching classes will be arranged for Spoken English, Computer Software Applications and one foreign language other than English.
The course duration is of 4 (four) academic years.
Eligibility for Admission:
1. The minimum age for admission is 17 years.
2. The minimum educational requirement: H.S.S.L.C. (Sc) i.e. 10+2 or Senior School Certificate Exam (10+2) or Pre degree Exam or any degree passed with Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) with minimum of 45% marks in PCB. In case of SC/ST the minimum marks is relaxable by 5%.
3. Candidate shall have to be medically fit.
4. Admission is open for both the genders.
5. Students coming from other nationality shall have to be regularized under the Foreign Nationals Act.
6. A certificate stating of good conduct from the principal of
College/School the candidate last attended shall have to be produced.
7. Admission will be based on the performance in the Entrance
Examination conducted by by Srimanta Sankardeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS).
8. Admission is valid for one year only (i.e. yearly admission is required)
Applicants will have to appear and qualify Common Entrance Exam (CEE) held under Srimanta Sankardeva University of Health Sciences to be admitted into the B.Sc Nursing Course for the session 2023. The exam is going to be held on 04th June 2023. Online application form for the exam shall be available on the university website: www.ssuhs.in from 27th April 2023. Last date for applying for CEE is 16th May 2023. For further details contact the Arya Nursing College Admin at 7896049792/93
Number of Seats:
Number of seats available for admission is 60.
Application forms shall be available during office hours at the following address: Arya Nursing College, Nij Sindurighopa, Changsari, Kamrup(R), Pin- 781101 and Arya Hospital, A.M. Road, Rehabari, Guwahati-781 008; by paying a sum of Rs. 700/- (non-refundable) either by Cash or D/D in favour of Arya Nursing College, Payable at Guwahati.
Requirements for Admission:
1) All the columns in Application Form will have to be filled in by the candidate’s own handwriting.
2) The following should be enclosed along with the Application:
a) Pass Certificate of Class XII / HSSLC
b) Mark Sheet of Class XII / HSSLC
c) High School Leaving Certificate
d) Migration Certificate from University/Board
e) Age proof Certificate/HSLC Admit Card
f) In case of SC/ST/OBC supporting documents must be produced
g) Character Certificate from Head of Institution last attended
h) Transfer Certificate from Institute last attended.
Note: Xerox copy of Application form will not be entertained.
The information given in the application form should be correct. Incomplete or late application will be rejected. Suppression or mis-representation of any information may lead the applicant for termination of admission, forfeiture of all fees, securities and dues and will be cognizable for legal offence.
Method of Selection:
1. Admission is made on the basis of the entrance test & personal interview.
2. The entrance test will be in English.
3. The candidate will be allowed for the interview only if the original certificates and marksheets are produced at the time of interview.
4. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
A student shall be issued an identity card at the beginning of each academic year. A copy of their photograph (size:2”x1”) must be attached in it & one extra copy of the photograph should be submitted to the college for record. The student shall have to carry the identity card at all times & may be required to produce the same when asked for. Loss of card must be informed to the authorities immediately. A sum of Rs.100/- shall be realised for issuing a new card.