Arya Nursing College is one of the best institutes for nursing education in Assam. It is surging ahead to make nursing a glorious profession and to establish it in the society as a “PROFESSION OF CHOICE”. It is the best college for nursing in Guwahati and provides both diploma and degree programs in nursing.
Pacing with modern times, Arya Nursing College, Guwahati, Assam has introduced an all up-to-date curriculum with state-of-the-art Laboratory facilities.
It is a good nursing college and provides B.Sc nursing, Post Basic B.Sc nursing, ANM & GNM courses recognized by INC (Indian Nursing Council) and Government of Assam.
We have an array of faculties of national repute and having experience in top institutes of nursing education imparting knowledge to the young buds. The college is 100% residential to facilitate the students for easy movement to theory classes and practical classes in different institutions as required. The college library facilitates all course materials and books to the students. Special Coaching classes are arranged for Spoken English, Computer Software Applications and one foreign language other than English for overall development of the students.
On completion of B.Sc. nursing degree course the graduates will be able to:
1. Assess the health status, identify nursing needs, plans, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients/clients that contribute to health of individual, families and communities.
2. Demonstrate competency in techniques of nursing based on concepts and principles from selected areas of nursing, physical, biological and behavioural sciences.
3. Participate as members of health team in the promotive, preventive, curative and restorative health care delivery system of the country.
4. Demonstrate skills in communication and interpersonal relationship.
5. Demonstrate leadership qualities and decision-making abilities in various situations.
6. Demonstrate skills in teaching to individuals and groups in community health setting.
7. Demonstrate managerial skills in community health settings.
8. Practice ethical values in their personal and professional life.
9. Participate in research activities and utilize research findings in improving nursing practice.
10. Recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
Nursing is a caring practice comprised of both an art and a learned scientific discipline guided by sound theoretical and factual bases. Professional nurses practice according to a code of ethics, standards of care, and professional guidelines. The faculty defines nursing holistically as the diagnosis and treatment of human responses to actual or potential health problems or needs of individuals, groups, families, and communities. Nursing's major responsibility is the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective, accessible health care services to promote health, prevent disease, and treat illness across the lifespan. Nursing interacts with other health care professions to create optimal climates for healing and wellness. Nursing is a component of a changing health care system, which is influenced by economic forces, technological advances, scientific discoveries, and the public voice.
To be a centre of excellence in education, research & training and to produce human resource of exceptional leadership quality to serve national needs.
To achieve our objectives in an environment that enhances creativity, innovation and scholarly pursuit within the stated values.
The B.Sc. degree in nursing is a broad based education aimed to build high skilled, competent Nursing Graduates. It is specifically directed to develop critical thinking skills, competencies and high standard required for practice of professional nursing and midwifery as envisaged in National Health Policy. The course is intended to enable the graduates:
1. Assume responsibilities as professional competent nurses in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
2. To make independent decisions in nursing situations, to protect the rights of and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, to function in hospital, community nursing services and to conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in clinical / public health settings.